BC reel spare parts

Trouble Posting Pics, Topics, etc.

Moderators: inhotpursuit, chaos, mclxiii, J.P.

BC reel spare parts

Postby NathanSimbahan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:12 am

Hello guys
Yesterday I bought my first BC reel from fishing buddy. Nakuha ko ay Abu Garcia Black Max. Sabi nga nila praktis lang muna ng cast, pero ako si excited nagtry ako magfishing kanina. My first few casts were backlash after backlash but after an hour or so, mukhang nakuha ko na, nakakacast na ako ng spinner bait ng maayos! After a while kinalikot ko yung reel, niluwagan ko ng onti yung brakes para mas maluwag ang spool pag cast, etc, etc, tapos yung isang parte, (no 53, brake knob sa may manual), parang masyado kong naluwagan at nawawala na ngayon! Hinanap ko ng hinanap dun sa pond na pinuntahan ko pero nawawala na talaga siya. Maliit lang yung piesa, pero knob siya nung brake eh. Malas naman oh. Sayang ang bagong reel. :(

Ang tanong ko, saan makakabili ng part ng reels? Ang mga tackleshop ba ay nagrereplace ng missing parts? Sayang talaga yung reel, kahit gumagana pa siya, medyo nakakalungkot nawalan ng piyesa agad.

Salamat sa tulong mga kaibigan!
NathanSimbahan
Hand Liner

Re: BC reel spare parts

Postby deepfish » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:35 pm

did you try calling fishing buddy and ask if they have the spare part? if not, try checking ebay for the part, you might find it! :)
pray before you fish... it causes miracles! :)
deepfish
Pro Staff
Pro Staff

Yahoo Messenger: alanvsantos

Postby Jayce » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Kung ala available na part or sobrang mahal/tagal pa order
Try mo hanap ng damaged na abu reel sa HMR.

Last check ko meron silang sirang silvermax doon.
(pwede basta Max series). Meron ka pang makukuha na iba pang spare parts.
"That’s how G.Loomis began – on a dream and a handshake." Gary Loomis
Jayce
Pro Staff
Pro Staff

WLM: none
Yahoo Messenger: jayson.ramirez
AOL: none

Postby inhotpursuit » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:17 am

Can someone translate this I will see what I can do
<0(((>< Old Fishermen never die, they just smell that way ><)))0>
inhotpursuit
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Yahoo Messenger: inhotpursuit55@yahoo.ca

Postby ronchua » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:42 am

Tried translating it:

Hello guys
Yesterday I bought my first BC reel from fishing buddy. I got the abu garcia black max. They said just practice casting first, but i got excited and tried fishing earlier My first few casts were backlash after backlash but after an hour or so, i think i got a hang of it, i can with a bc reel the right way. After a while i started adjusting the reel, i loosen the brakes a little bit so that the spool is lose when casting etc, etc, then one part of it, (no 53, brake knob on the manual), i think i loosen it quite a bit that it is now lost, i looked for it in the pond that i went to but i cant find jt, its just a sma part but it the kno. Of the brakes.

My question is where can i buy this part? Are the tackleshop here replaces missinh parts? Is such a waste, it still works, im sad that i lost that part right away.

Salamat sa tulong mga kaibigan!
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:12 am
ronchua
Plug Caster
Plug Caster

Postby chalkball » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:12 am

i dont know if its the same as silvermax, but it might have a bearing on the brake knob.. i lost mine before. i'll try and see if i could find my old silvermax, it might still have its brake knob. i'll pm you incase i find it.
chalkball
Plug Caster
Plug Caster

Postby NathanSimbahan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:32 am

Hi guys, contacted fishing buddy, they have brake knobs for bigger abu reels, not the black max 2. Anyway, my baitcaster is still useful, just dont have a lot of cast control, just need getting used to.

I might try ordering online, I have a friend visiting the states so shipping wouldnt be a problem. The part from ereplacement.com is $4, which is not that bad.

Thanks guys!

Also thanks ronchua for translating! Thanks bro.
NathanSimbahan
Hand Liner

Postby inhotpursuit » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:29 pm

thanks for translating Ron, Nathan it is a good idea to replace the part not only will it keep dirt out of the spool bearings it is an important tool in stopping backlashes
inhotpursuit
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby anglerboi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Guys,

need also your expertise , I have same unit Abu Garcia BM, "LINE GUIDE" has broken, Just want to ask if some of you have that part or a unit that can be part out, me and my son is going back to this hobby after 2 years due to life's adversities :( , I know it is a short notice, nag baba ka sakali lang po, Thank you and God Bless to All Anglers.... :rock:
anglerboi
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Postby inhotpursuit » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:11 pm

you need to go to the abu Garcia site and download a schematic for the reel and get the part number for replacement , it maybe too late for me to order the part but you may be able to order it online from ebay , let me know the part number and reel model I will see if I can help
inhotpursuit
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby freeman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Anglerboi,

An alternative is to see if you can find similar reels in HMR or the local tackleshops and see if they have faulty ones that are still good for parts. I recall that Alex Tackle was selling refurbished silvermax a few years ago. Have you checked if the parts are identical to the blackmax?
freeman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Yahoo Messenger: bien94e@yahoo.com

Postby anglerboi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:36 pm

inhotpursuit wrote:you need to go to the abu Garcia site and download a schematic for the reel and get the part number for replacement , it maybe too late for me to order the part but you may be able to order it online from ebay , let me know the part number and reel model I will see if I can help

Hi inhotpursuit,

Here is the part that I need to bring back my son's BC reel to life.

Can you help us to have that part ? , My Credit card from Metrobank was shutdown though I already paid my balances very late
I will go to your location and pay on you. sayang kasi , for me that 3k worth of reel is expensive , eh yun lang po sira

LINE GUIDE
Part Number is: 1134445

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/line-guide-p-1484885.html

My Son's ABU Garcia BC Reel

Last edited by anglerboi on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anglerboi
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Postby anglerboi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:39 pm

freeman wrote:Anglerboi,

An alternative is to see if you can find similar reels in HMR or the local tackleshops and see if they have faulty ones that are still good for parts. I recall that Alex Tackle was selling refurbished silvermax a few years ago. Have you checked if the parts are identical to the blackmax?

Yes they are identical.
Thank you FREEMAN , i will consider also your advise.
anglerboi
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Return to “%s” Filang 101